Thursday, 6 January 2011

What a fine young specimen you are

Have you read the latest Frankie Magazine yet? I only just got mine today and have just had a quick flick through. But that was all it took for me to discover one of the greatest set of photographs I have seen in a long while. I am talking about Dave Mead's set of photographs 'Magnificent Specimens'. Of course I havent actually had time to read the article yet (just a quick flick) but what I can deduce is this guy went to Anchorage for the World Beard and Moustache Championships and took photos of the finest specimens (who had travelled from all over the world) the event had to offer.

These are my faves.






All photos are by Dave Mead.

Aren't they brilliant? You can see the entire collection as well as more of Dave's work here.

12 comments:

  1. this is so awesome, there is a worlds Beard and mustache competition! i would just die to go! thanks so much for sharing this, totally made my day!

    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!

    BTW, Your blog layout is aweeeesome. I'm loving the header! Super cute.

    KF x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link you left me! These photos are so funny, the fox hat kind of freaks me out becouse the fox's eyes are open and looking around...

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOD YOU MADE MY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are so awesome!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aren't they amazing? Was awesome to meet you too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy! This puts our Movember parties and office Movember winners to shame.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must say, I think the first one is a pretty good effort - that hat makes him look even more manly and hairy... and it reminds me of Dwight Schrute from The Office somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you know that we had Dave Mead's photos for our 'Beardo' exhbiition at Town Hall Gallery (Hawthorn) in November 2010! They are stunning in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh. my. goodness! It's truly amazing the diversity of interest in the world! The third and fourth guys have particularly stunning facial hair, though the first really has to get the best accessorizing award.

    Haven't been around here for awhile (I'm sorry). How are you these days?

    ReplyDelete